SPRAY FOAM BENEFITS
There are several Reasons why Spray Foam has become the most effective energy efficient insulation today.
1)It provides exceptional air barrier properties spray foam is able to block air leaks much more effectively than other types of insulation. Traditional insulation materials like rigid foam board or ﬁbreglass batts can slip out of place over time, leaving open spaces for air to penetrate the home. When installing wall insulation, the materials rarely ﬁll the entire wall cavity, allowing air to usually ﬁnd a way into the home between the sections of insulation, or at the top or bottom of the wall. Polyurethane spray foam insulation ﬁlls the space completely, leaving no gaps for air leaks. The material is also denser than many other insulators, and provides a tight, impenetrable barrier to air inﬁltration and leaks.
2) Increased Energy Efficiency air barrier sealing and a superior insulation material result in increased energy efficiency. This will mean a reduction in the use of heating or cooling systems, which has proven to result in lower energy bills and fewer carbon emissions. A well insulated house may even allow you to choose smaller air conditioning and heating systems, which can save both money and space.
Polyurethane foam is a particularly good insulator because of its high R-value. R-value is a measure of how well a material resists thermal penetration, and higher R-values mean higher levels of insulation. Polyurethane spray foam has an R-value between R1.0 and R1.25 for every 25mm of thickness. This is nearly double the value of traditional ﬁberglass batts, which offer an R-value of R0.5 per 25mm.
3) Polyurethane Spray Foam never Sags or breaks down because it bonds to the surrounding surface will as it is installed. This bond hold the foam in place for the life of the building providing ongoing savings.
4) Acoustic benefits of low density Polyurethane Foam Insulation has excellent sound and transmission absorption properties. When comparing polyurethane foam to other insulation, there is a huge difference. As an effective air seal, it eliminates the air gaps through which sound travels easiest. Low density polyurethane foam Insulation is superior in controlling mid-range frequencies that include the most common sounds, the human voice and stereo music.
5) Costs while polyurethane spray foam insulation is generally more expensive than traditional Fiberglass or rigid insulators, it's true cost may actually be much lower. Spray foam serves as insulator, vapor barrier, and moisture barrier, eliminating the need for most exterior caulking, building paper, and separate vapor barriers. Not only does one save the cost of these materials, but there is an associated installation saving. Rather than buying and installing four or more products, a single application of spray foam can be used instead. When the cost of spray foam is compared to the total cost of batts and related weather proofing systems, foam actually appears to be a more affordable option. In addition, the higher R-value of foam means a greater reduction in energy bills, resulting in a shorter payback period for your project.
6) Flexibility Because polyurethane foam expands to ﬁll a space, it offers many benefits to those in need of a ﬂexible insulating material. It is particularly useful when ﬁlling oddly-shaped spaces, or those subject to some type of obstruction. Spray foam also allows for smaller, thinner walls, which means more ﬂexibility with living space. It's also great for underfloor insulation and ceiling insulation. Finally, because it is so versatile, builders have much more ﬂexibility when it comes to framing designs. While rigid insulation requires adequate spacing between studs, polyurethane foam can easily be sprayed into any size opening.
To speak with one of our representatives about how our products can benefit you, please CALL US AT 709-640-8007 or fill out the form at the top of this page.
Start Saving Energy With A FREE Quote!